- For the purpose of these Terms and conditions, where "WJM TRANSPORT" is used it shall refer to "WJM Transport Man and Van Services", trading as "WJM Transport Removals", or any alternative subcontractor provided by WJM Transport Man and Van Services Ltd. "You" or "The Customer" refers to any persons hiring the services of WJM TRANSPORT.
- When booking, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. WJM TRANSPORT reserve the right to carry out your removal using a sub-contractor if necessary, without specifically informing you in writing, email or by phone. Where any Subcontractor is used, they will have been personally vetted by the director of WJM TRANSPORT to ensure that they have the necessary skills and qualifications and the correct insurance to safely carry out your work to the highest possible standards.
- WJM TRANSPORT reserve the right to charge a minimum fee for the first hour of a job when charging hourly rate, to cover the costs and time of the journey to and from the job. WJM TRANSPORT reserve the right to withdraw or change any quote, only where the job is not as described in writing by the customer. WJM TRANSPORT will always complete a job that has been quoted for, for the fee quoted, if the job is as described.
- WJM TRANSPORT will only provide a quote in writing or via email, and no fixed quotes can be given by telephone. Whilst WJM TRANSPORT always do our best to be on time, we cannot be held responsible for delays caused by events outside of our control. If you book WJM Transport Man and Van to complete your job, the removals team attend, and you no longer require their services there will be a £50 call out charge plus £20 for each extra man booked, increasing at a rate of £2 per mile from our depot locations (Croydon and Enfield). WJM TRANSPORT will charge our standard hourly rate in addition to any agreed fee for a job when we are kept waiting without prior arrangement.
WJM TRANSPORT have extensive insurance policies to protect you and your possessions when using our services.
However, your goods will not be insured if they have not been correctly packaged. It is for this reason that all breakable, electronic or fragile items must be packaged and boxed before the arrival of our removals team. WJM TRANSPORT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO MOVE ANY UNPACKED ITEMS. WJM TRANSPORT regret that we are unable to transport any goods of a hazardous nature including but not limited to gas canisters, paint, live ammunition or explosives, petrol, diesel or any other flammable liquids.
- WJM TRANSPORT are neither insured nor qualified to install or disconnect any kind of domestic appliance. Please ensure that domestic appliances have been disconnected and emptied in advance of your removals team arriving.
- WJM TRANSPORT reserve the right to charge a small, deposit for the booking of any removal at our discretion. This deposit is non-refundable where you give less than 7 days’ notice for cancellation, regardless of the reason for your cancellation. Should your moving date be changed, your deposit can be transferred to your new moving date and will not be lost. WJM TRANSPORT will always charge a deposit on European jobs to cover the cost of the ferry or Eurostar booking and this is not refundable. Where WJM TRANSPORT charges a deposit for a removal, if for reasons including but not limited to bad weather, natural disaster, mechanical failure, war or terrorism we are unable to attend your removal, your deposit will be returned to you.
- WJM TRANSPORT reserve the right not to complete any work and to charge a call out fee if your property is in an unhygienic condition – e.g. if there are human or animal faeces in the property, or vermin living within it. Should WJM TRANSPORT attend any property where the signs of criminal activity are evident, including but not limited to syringes and hypodermic needles, the police will be called immediately. Once WJM Transport and you the customer agree a price for your removal solely on the information you provide and once arrived at your premises it is not as stated i.e. more furniture or stairs etc. WJM Transport have the right to add additional charges/fees to you the customer.
- WJM Transport use Mercedes Sprinter long wheel base high top vans. The weight capacity when fully laden/loaded is 3.5 tons. WJM TRANSPORT are strictly bound by weight rules when travelling on ferries and if once weighed the weight exceeds 3.5 tonnes charges are incurred. You the client are responsible for these charges at the rate in UK sterling of £0.50p per extra kilo. Should the weight exceed 3.5 ton WJM Transport will provide proof of excessive weight. When booking WJM Transport Man and Van you agree to these Terms and Conditions.